Sunday, June 07, 2009

Sisters.

Have you ever watched The Other Boleyn Girl movie?

It’s interesting. Natalie Portman and Scarlet Johansson played the Boleyn girls, Scarlet as Mary the angel sister and Natalie as Anne the evil sister.

Anne wasn’t wicked at the beginning of the story. She was originally the one who was chosen to be the King’s mistress as Mary had already married. However, the King was wounded when they were hunting, and their uncle Thomas who was the King’s best man and was responsible of choosing his mistress, replaced Anne with Mary to nurse the King, causing the King to fall for Mary instead, Anne was furious. Mary didn’t want to be the King’s mistress as she was already married, but her husband took the King’s offer and divorced her. Anne forgave her sister and they were summoned to Court with his brother, George. The marriages of the nobles are in king’s hand at that time. The King’s words are everything. Anne was in love with Henry Percy, a noble who had betrothed to a girl from a noble family. Henry loved her too so they married secretly. George informed Mary about the secret marriage. Anne disagreed and she told their father and uncle about that scandal, for Anne’s sake. After some arguments, Anne was sent to France. Anne alleged that all Mary’s deeds were merely to throw her away so she could be at ease in the king’s arms.

Mary’s love towards the King gradually blossomed. She was carrying his baby, and since she almost experienced a miscarriage, they put her under a strict supervision; they even made her room dark as dungeon. Thomas the uncle was worried that the King will forget about Mary, so they summoned Anne back. They need her help to make the king to keep Mary in mind.

Anne returned as a girl who filled with vengeance and ambition. She made the king besotted and ignored Mary even when Mary had given birth to a son. She told the king to send Mary to the country. Mary was dismayed but she didn’t hate her. With the bewitched king under her, she turns against the queen and made him divorce her.

And.. I won’t tell you the rest of the story. Watch it. I admire Natalie Portman’s acting, really. But I preferred Keira Knightley since her British accent is so clear. I think the story was a history about Queen Elizabeth.

~~~~~~~

Thank god I don’t have a sister. Because you know, when you have a sister, people will make a comparison. Say if I have a sister. Younger sister. These will be the consequences.

1. people will say she is better than me.
2. they will say she is beautiful and interesting than me.
3. she will have more privileges than me mainly because she is the youngest.
4. when she is wrong, mum will blame me but turn her eyes close on her, because she is my sister.
5. mum say I should let her have or do what she wants, because I am older.
6. she will have more clothes than me, because she is my sister.
7. dad will give her more chocolates because he loves her more.
8. she will use my laptop as she pleases. Mum tells me to let her use. Then the sister sign in to my email and whoring with my friends.
9. apparently she talk to arip the mate.
10. arip likes her and starts to ask me about the sister.
11. arip will ignore me because I am boring compared to my interesting young and beautiful sister.
12. then I will have no friends compared to my sister.
13. ngahan will love my sister more because she is beautiful, and interesting.
14. and my other brothers too. They will no longer talk to me because I am boring.
15. my sister will flirt with my ex. I am furious but mum say, “biar kan tia lai.. adimu jua tu.. sama2 bah..”
16. then my ex will fall in love with my sister, because she is a better person than me.
17. I meet a guy and plan to marry him. When the wedding day, my sister said she also want to marry. Then mum say let her marry first, because she is my sister.

So, there goes the evil sister. Sister is equal to destruction.
Don’t give me a sister. Everybody loves me, I don’t want to share it. Everybody care for me, only me. Mum and dad love their one and only daughter, arip loves her one and only best friend. Ngahan will love me as one me, adik will love his only sister, taytay will only love me. They all love me as one and only! So be it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment