Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Obsession

this isn't a new obsession.
Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility.
greatest book i've ever read.
Jane Austen's Pride And Prejudice.

Someone recommended this book to me when I was in Form 3.
And because of this book, I kind of have a thing for introverts. The main character in Pride And Prejudice, Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy, or known as Mr Darcy, is a cold, conceited, pompous however wealthy man. He makes a poor impression on strangers, such as the people of Meryton, but is valued by those who know him well.

I borrowed this book from our school library when I was in Form 3, and borrowed it again when I was in Form 5.

MY WISHLIST IS TO ADD THIS BOOK TO MY COLLECTION!
but it's hard to find the book. =(

When Matthew Macfadyen portrayed this character, seriously, he played it well. Beyond words. his expression, his face. Incessantly reminding me of my former classmate, schoolmate. For those who know me, yeah, it's *him*.. the arrogance, the aloofness, narcissism. The eyes, the lips, the eyebrows.
I think, Jane Austen is a perfect artist. She’s a great writer of all time.

-----------

I think I’ve mutated to a despicable monster. Metaphors, my dear readers.
Not physically, it is psychologically, my behavior.
I curse, I mock, I joke just about everything. Not that I’m an angel before, never did something like that, I mean, it’s getting serious. Insanity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment