Sunday, July 03, 2011

Stealing boyfriend/girlfriend? Bullshit.

I've heard a lot of people bitch about people stealing their girlfriend/
boyfriend.

Let us look into the meanings of the words first.. These meanings,
you can get from every dictionary available in the world.

Steal

- verb (used with object)
1. to take wrongfully

- verb (used without object)
2. to commit theft
3. to move very quietly

A man can steal a car.. A woman could be stealing a perfume.. So,
pardon my French, how the fu.ck do YOU, a living, breathing, and
with your own will, human, get 'stolen'?

Now, let us look into the meaning of relationship.

Relationship.

- noun
1. connection, association, or involvement
2. connection between persons by blood or marriage
3. emotional or other connection between people
4. sexual involvement; affair

Uh, 'between people', hello?
When a relationship dies because of a third party, I'd say, both of
you are to be blamed. Your partner and YOU. Yeah, you! Just
because you're the one who got dumped, doesn't give you the right
to thrash the new affair. You just don't hold her/his interest
anymore, so she/he moves on. Maybe it's your own insecurity that
pushes them away, who knows. But you have only yourself to
blame.

Your partner is also at the wrong. But again, you can't bash them.
It's only human nature to be enticed by something more intriguing.
And this someone new is just that, intriguing. I, for the life of me,
can't understand how easily these people move on, since I wasted -
yeah, wasted! - almost 4 years of my life pining over someone I
should've let go. I am interested in others, but moving on, it seems
out of question for the time being. But yeah, human nature.

As for the third-party, well, I'm just gonna say, ''way to go, buddy!''
You can't choose whom you fall in love with, but once you are, fight
for it. All is fair in love and war, may the best man win and all that.
You did nothing wrong. It's not your fault that the relationship
wasn't strong enough. You have no say in their relationship, to
break up was their choice. But my advice, you should be wary of
your newfound lover. If they can't stay faithful enough in the former
relationship, who's to say they won't leave you for someone more
interesting one day? I know, I know.. They've changed, blahblah.
Human nature, remember?

My opinion?
We live in a beautiful world, and we're bound to meet more
amazing people than our current partner. It's really how you deal
with the attraction. You can't just jump into a relationship with every
single person that interests you.. Relive the reasons you fell in love
with your current partner over and over again, I'd say you should
be fine.

But of course, it's only an opinion from a cynic. You can think for
yourself. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment