Friday, December 03, 2010

FO: New Vegas & COD: Black Ops

Hey kiddie kiddie! I'm here. Now I've finished Fallout: New Vegas and Call Of Duty: Black Ops, so I wanted to share my thoughts. Spoiler alert!


Tips:

Siding with Legion would require you to destroy Mr. House's bunker in the Fortification Hill (Legion's base) so if you want to side with Mr. House later on, I suggest you save here as well.Cash your snowglobes before you destroy the bunker, because Jane will become hostile after you do.

Siding with either Legion, NCR or Yes-Man will require you to kill Mr. House. So I suggest, save on the command room, where Mr. House's body is located. After you finished, you can always reload from there.

If you choose to aid one faction, the rest will either go hostile or they will not accept your help.

So, I have two endings done. I've sided with Yes-Man and NCR.

My story working with NCR:

Since Fallout 3, my loyalty lies with Brotherhood Of Steel. They had previously helped the Wasteland (or so I thought). In FONV (Fallout: New Vegas) , they lost in the battle of HELIOS 1 to the NCR. Elder McNamara isolated them in Hidden Valley. I did not condone this because in my opinion, they should be outside, helping the Wasteland. Hardin convinced me that if he became Elder, they will go out and serve their purpose again. When he asked me to help him overthrow the Elder, I agreed. No second thought. That was my first mistake. Bite me right in the ass.

Elder Hardin did not want a truce with NCR so the NCR saw them as threat. Then, fucking NCR forced me to destroy the BoS in their bunker. I want no BoS blood on my hand, so I reprogrammed the turret systems that were placed tactically on each corner of the bunker. I made them attack registered BoS personnel. I saw them died before my eyes. It's heart breaking! Fucking NCR.

After the battle of Hoover Dam, the NCR encourage the Followers to evacuate Fort Mormon too. Damn. They make me regret lending a hand. Stupid!

My story working with Yes-Man:

I do not get why he wanted to override the system but I guess I did not really care. One thing that make me laugh was that after defeating Legate Lanius, I was to deal with Oliver. This part is both hilarious and irritating.

Get this: After the battle, I met - or rather, he decided to reappear- Oliver at Legate Lanius's camp gate. He has the balls to taunt me, ME, who brought down the whole Legion camp single-fucking-handedly. He saw that I put a bullet between Legate Lanius's eyes, and he still dare to challenge me, with only 5-6 troops backing him. He seemed to forget that there were more than 6 robots which each was equipped with missile launcher, were right behind him. One word from me will turn this Oliver and his henchmen to a roasted turkey, in less than 30 seconds. On top of that, he insulted me. Seriously, he is THAT stupid.

Now I have to play from the beginning, if I wanted to side with Mr. House's and Legion. Great!

And for your information, Hardcore mode is really hardcore. I mean, I need Doctor's Bag to heal crippled limbs, and stimpaks will take hours to heal me. And no, I do not play Hardcore mode. *giggles*

As for companions, I think the best combination is Boone and ED-E. Boone's sniping skill made me squeal and ED-E's perception make me stay hidden while sniping. More critical damages. Best combination!

And oh, I hate Mr. New Vegas. He's not funny at all. I miss Three Dogs. :(

Fallout is fun! It's like The Sims, only with guns and explosions enough to blow your head off, creatures that want you for breakfast, assholes who try to have your head on the plate, funny dialogs, nice musics and most importantly, interesting post-apocalyptic storylines.

Now, moving on..


Guess what, I beat the campaign in level Veteran in just TWO DAYS. I am crazy. *sigh*


Frank Woods is one sexy bastard! Plus, he's marine. You know how crazy I am with USMC.. Shame that he sacrificed himself to save Mason..

And this, my dearies, is one best imaginary friend EVER! VIKTOR REZNOV!

I like him since World At War, because of his patriotism and loyalty. He doted Dmitri Petrenko and now, Mason. I like him because his voice is actually Gary Oldman's. That's one of the most underrated stars, in my opinion.

His pain when he saw Dmitri and vowed to avenge him was really touching.

I did wonder though, has he ever love (like, brotherly love) Mason or was he just using him to get revenge? I'd like to think he really loved Mason. After all, he did helped Mason escape..

Now that I play the game for second time, I realized that Woods, Bowman, Hudson, everyone who fought with Mason when Reznov was present, did not address him at all! For instance, when Reznov repeatedly said that he can smell Kravchenko, that Kravchenko is near, Bowman said, "What was it?" And it was Mason who answered. Mason thought he was repeating Reznov when in fact, the question was for him.

Plus, Mason would only meet him when he was separated from his team. Like in the rat tunnel episode.


I agree that Dmitri Petrenko should've died in Berlin. He is a hero and he should die like one, not as a lab rat. He is one of the most character I loved. When he died, I was like,
"OMG NO!!! FUCK YOU STEINER! FUCK YOU KRAVCHENKO! I DID NOT MAKE HIM SURVIVE THE SIEGE OF BERLIN SO THAT YOU CAN KILL HIM IN THE LAB YOU FUCKING FASCISTS!"

He cheated death numerous times, and he helped Russia to win WW2 and he died like a lab rat. Un-fucking-believable.

I played as him in World at War, I think we bonded. Thus the reaction. *giggles*

There, I'm done blabbering about games.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that you love the story of COD Black Ops. So do I. It's oke when you give your opinion about the main characters, and I agree with it. But, why don't you talk about Alex Mason: The most inportent person in the story...

BTW: I like Nikolai Bellinski the most: I'm from Holland, but insdide, I'm Russian.

Post a Comment